Thursday, June 4, 2009

Threw me away but it's all ok

What a few of you know, and what many do not, is that last September, a month before my scheduled, planned, and anticipated wedding (as well as a fully paid for trip to Las Vegas..ugh that's another blog), my then fiance' called everything off. While this is not a "oh, I'm sorry to hear that"/sympathy that I need blog, I just figured it would lead to sharing some fantastic lyrics that remind me of where her life has led her since :-)

With respect to Theory of a Deadman (because I have changed some lyrics slightly), below are the lyrics to the song So Happy off their Scars & Souvenirs album. I had to change the lyrics, well, because it would have been from her point of view. But I think you will get the gist

(I'll do you a favor and italicize the lyrics I have added/changed)

Put the bottle down, finally got something to say
Take another look around and find someone else to play

(Needless to say) that you've got problems
(There's no fuckin way) that I'm gonna solve 'em
(It's never the same) every time you slip then you fall, down, down, down

Ever wonder what I've been thinkin' about?
I've been thinking how you threw me out

I'm so happy how 'bout you (I'm fed up, so get up and get out)
I'm so happy now we're through (I'm fed up, so get up and get out)
I was so afraid but now your gone away
you sent me packin' , look who's laughin now
I'm so happy that I feel this way
I'm so happy that you threw me away

Put your problems down and pick up what's left of the pain
Take a good look at yourself and see who's really to blame

(Needless to say) that you've got issues
(There's no fuckin way) that I'm gonna fix you
(It's never the same) ever since you had fallen down, down, down

Ever wonder what I've been thinkin about?
I've been thinkin how you threw me out

Repeat chorus


You should most definitely listen-its a great song..

7 comments:

cybeel said...

it's a humorous way of expressing feelings...Sometimes i find myself singin a song which really describes the situation so it's nice to realize you're not the one, somebody's already been there :)

LazyKing said...

i like Theory of a deadman

LazyKing said...

you should check my blog. héhééé

3L said...

Nice lyrics and I love songs that celebrate the frustration of the initial heart breaker. So many songs take me to a specific place and time and are so therapeutic. I might to look that song up.

Nice guys finish last...or something like that said...

C: It is nice knowing that songs allow you to know you aren't alone..
L: no way? holy shit! ha ha
LLNL: I agree completely

8 said...

Ay-yi-yi-fucking-yi.

I found you through our buddy Otherwise Optimistic. All I can say, right off the jump, is holy freaking microwave pizza that sucks.

I could make some standard married guy jokes like "it could be worse-she could have gone through with it-", but I won't. That's a hurt that Solarcaine won't take away.

"There's a grief that can't be spoken-
There's a pain goes on and on-
Empty chairs at empty tables-
Where my friends will drink no more..."

Katie said...

Can I just say that I love that you put "Repeat Chorus" in there. Just saying.

I have an entire playlist of breakup songs. I think my top is going to have to be "Last Beautiful Girl" by Matchbox Twenty

"...The one that you wrecked, won't take you back if you were the last beautiful girl in the world..."

and Leave (also by Matchbox Twenty)

"I'm not saying there was nothing wrong,
I just didn't think you'd ever get tired of me.
I'm not saying we ever had the right to hold on
I just didn't want to let it get away from me.
But if that's how you're going to leave, straight out from underneath, then we'll see whos sorry now..."

I sang these as I wrote them.

Just for you.