Sunday, June 21, 2009

Blessed

In this day and age, when it is considered normal for a man to walk out on his own child, I just wanted to take a quick moment and say that I am very lucky to have a father who has shown me the kind of man that I want to be. Through his guidance, I know the importance of being there for your children and your family. Although I have not been blessed with children of my own, I know that I will walk in my father's footsteps and be the kind of father who sets an example for others. For all those other fathers out there, happy day!

7 comments:

But you can call me Miss... said...

sweet.

cybeel said...

your dad should be proud of you saying these words about him. Happy Father's Day

virgo27 said...

sweet shout out to all the fathers!

Katie said...

In a day in age where children are often inconsiderate and don't realize how much their parents have done for them, I compliment you on your realizing what a great father you have.

And for him to have you as a son is a double bonus. Seriously, if you were my son, I'd be happy. And a freak of nature, but just saying.

LazyKing said...

He is proud.
Hope you enjoyed your week-end

Andrew said...

love this.

KT said...

What a wonderful tribute. You'll make a great dad someday.