Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanks on thanksgiving...

So today was a splendid day, what with spending it with the family. So many things to enjoy when your family comes together, most of which makes you understand why we all don't live together. However, I thought I would take a moment and appreciate all that which has been given to me.

Of course, when it comes to giving thanks, obviously none of us would be here without are parents. Regardless of the level of interaction or caring that you may have received over the years from your parental figures, they do have just a "slight" bit of responsibility for what they have done for us. So with that said, I am truly thankful for the fact that I have two wonderful parents who have shown me what it takes to be a genuine, caring person. Thanks guys!

I'm also mucho thankful that I have a job. When some people take for granted being able to receive a paycheck and decide they would rather skip work than arrive to earn a dollar, they are not realizing how blessed it is to be employed with the state of our economy. I recently received an email (at work no less) giving a list of companies that are either closing down stores, or closing business completely. Some of these organizations are rather large (Home Depot, Lowe's, Circuit City to name a few) and some not so known (Linens 'n' things or Wilson's Leather). I am so happy to be working for an organization that doesn't do two things: close stores, or lay-off employees. To all those "haters" out there, I am proud to work at Wal-mart and am thankful for all the opportunities that it has brought me.

I'd also like to take a minute to write about someone who has become quite special to me. I won't name names; mainly because I don't want to risk embarrasment on their part. However, this person is, quite possibly, the most down-to-earth person I have ever met. This person takes nothing for granted, focuses on what is before them, and constantly juggles many things at the expense of themselves. On this truly splendid holiday, I am most thankful that I am one of those things that gets "juggled" around, because this person is not only the most radiant person I have encountered, but has also allowed me to hope again. So with that said, thank you.

On a final note-I challenge each and every person that reads this to look at what has been given to you. Whether it is the freedom we have, the love we share, the family that we belong to, the possesions we own, or the air we breathe, nothing we have should ever be taken for granted. Give thanks to someone today, because this is truly what this holiday is all about.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Great Post :)

I spent some much needed time with my family today. I've been having a rough time recently, and it was great being around people that love you.

And when they started to piss me off, I just drove right on back to my apartment... ahh...freedom in all its beauty!