Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Sucking my will to live...

Since I have been working for Wal-mart U, one phrase that has stood out is to "steal shamelessly." So in essence, two fellow friends of the friday persuasion have done this-and now I too jump on the band wagon and share the things that are "sucking my will to live."

1- Farm equipment. Not really farm equipment in general. Just the farm equipment that randomly decides that driving 25 on a major highway is a sport. I don't even think the combine I had to follow for ten miles yesterday had a driver in it. I'm pretty sure farming season is over. I wonder if it just decided to run away from its owner. Oh the humanity.

2- Cleaning and OCD. To be honest, I do not think that I have a large case of OCD. However, it does not combine well with the fact that I absolutely hate to clean. Is it just me or does dust decide to wait until the day AFTER you have cleaned to show up on every object in your house about three inches thick? If you've ever come over to my house and watched me I move objects around until they are where they belong, sometimes in the same exact spot. For example, I think to myself "I think this pillow is out of place" and so I pick it up and then place it right back where it came from. This is such a constant battle. I literally can sit on my couch and fight myself to stay there if something is not done. Ugh.

3- Rain. Now honestly rain does not bother me that much. In fact, I absolutely love a nice sprinkle on a slightly warm day. It feels nice. However, with the large amount that we had this spring and summer, I'm concerned about the flooring of my house. I'm pretty sure the floorboards or crossbeams or whatever you call them are rotting underneath. For those of you that have walked in my house before, that popping and cracking you hear is NOT settling, its breaking. I am so glad I'm renting (at least until I return home someday to see my plasma tv inside the floor!)

4- Myspace wars. Seriously, who decided that myspace should become a warzone? Years ago if you had a tiff with someone, you just quit talking to them. Now it's "oh-I'm upset with you so I'm going to delete you". I received a message from a friend of mine (by cellphone text no less) asking all her friends to delete someone on myspace. Are you serious? Oh wow-life is going to end now. I can't see somebody on myspace! If you are THAT lame and can't get in your car, drive to someones house, and bitch-slap them, then you deserve to be deleted on myspace. I can play that silly game too! Enough said.

5- and finally, texting problems. Everyone knows that you are either a phone call person, or a die-hard texting person. I absolutely love to text. Yes, if it is a personal call, or a long conversation I will pick up the phone. However, it seems no matter what company I go with, I always have issues with the texts. With Cell One it was not receiving texts at all. With Verizon, it seems that every text is the most important text in the world. They are soooooo important that I receive three or four texts sometimes (copies of the same one). Or I receive a copy of a text that is two or three days old. How does this happen? I'm pretty sure I didn't sign up for the constant reminder plan!

As I read back through what I wrote-I sound pretty upset. Ooops. And isn't this supposed to be "wordless wednesday?" Oh well, forgive me. It's my birthday!!

1 comment:

But you can call me Miss... said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

And please don't delete my myspace...