Saturday, November 22, 2008

Here it goes

So I'm sitting at home, pondering my existence. I have received much pressure to do this, although in a way it is a much needed stress reliever. So here I am trying the blogging experience (not that I haven't blogged on my-space, but I assume this is more professional).

The question is-do I write about something serious, funny, sad, touching, or just plain stupid. Sometimes you have to just let the words pour out of the ends of your fingertips. At times it comes out like molasses in winter, other times like a broken water main. So we will see...

I have decided I am searching for things that do not exist. One of which is true happiness. Although I have frequently put my heart out to be seen in all of its glory, it is yet to be captured. Let me digress. It has been captured before, just not appreciated fully. Yeah that's it! I recently took a personality survey on myself, and it scared the shit out of me how accurate it was! (whoa change of subject-but hold on like it's a rollercoaster-I'll come back) Within said personality survey it stated that I fall too hard to fast, and usually for signigicant others who eventually leave me regardless of the choices I make. Whoa. Sounds like a custom photo of my life; without the glossy finish.

I have also decided something else. There is nothing more beneficial to someones sanity than a very close-knit group of friends. I have never truly appreciated the level of caring that my true friends have for me. So-thanks Mandy, Fab, Katie, and Andy. You guys rock!

And for my final thought for this evening, I have to take a moment to thank one more person. Regardless of how he acts occasionally, or the words he uses, the situations he puts himself in, or his rough exterior, I have to tell "my brother" thank you. If anyone always has my back it is him. He may not read this blog, but I know I have written it and it makes me feel better. Maybe I'll tell him. Maybe.

Until next time

6 comments:

Andrew said...

It seems that you have the hang of this blogging thing. Welcome aboard.

Sassy Britches said...

Is perfection the happiness you seek? Would one TRULY be happy with perfection? So glad to hang tonight; next time I'll spill it--promise!

Nice guys finish last...or something like that said...

I don't think it is necessarily the "perfection" aspect. I like the word content. Or to a spot where your heart does not worry or feels at ease; at rest. Maybe that's it. Question, though: how in the heck is your post at 11:44 pm when you weren't online then? that's weird!

Nice guys finish last...or something like that said...

Nevermind-obviously the site is on west coast time...lol

But you can call me Miss... said...

Yay! Welcome to blogging!

You will find it, Derek. You deserve it, and I believe in karma.

Nice guys finish last...or something like that said...

:-) thanks M!