Thursday, May 7, 2009

Trash Can mayhem

Ok. So I haven't written in a while. Call it for what it may be worth, but it isn't being lazy, just unbelievably preoccupied. However, I've been thinking about writing this for a while...

When I moved into my new home last summer, I purchased 3 brand-new spanking trash cans. Nice, durable, rubber-maid type trash cans. For some reason, I've been cursed by the trash can devil.

Not long after moving in, I come home one day to find my trash can in the street, run over. I think to myself first, "ok, so no biggie. I've got two others" (the bottom was completely caved in) and then "what sort of idiot runs over a giant trash can laying on the side of the road?" (by the way...does anyone KNOW how to throw away a trash can???)

Then we have a horrible wind storm. God in all his glory decides to play a magic trick and make trash can number two disappear. Poof. Gone. Again I think to myself "ok, no biggie. I live by myself, I can make do with one trash can". Then a few months later I find it sitting in my neighbors yard. Now you would think, "gee, just go get it." I fretted over this for a while. While the owner would know it isn't theirs, ALL the neighbors would think I was stealing his trash can-so I let it sit. I did con a friend of mine to go snatch it for me though. Back to two.

Then I'm sitting at home on vacation not too long ago, and I hear the trash guys pull up. I think to myself "I'll go get the can hear in a few minutes" I go outside, and low and behold I have another damn trash can run over, this one two blocks down the road" Ugh. Back to one.

I'm thinking I'm going to have to invest in a bright orange trash can next time....

1 comment:

KT said...

WTF? Is it the garbage collectors running over them, or random street hooligans? High drama over on your side of town!