Sunday, August 16, 2009

So, yeah, I've been busy....

So it has been forever since I have had a chance to really sit down and write a blog; well at least a blog longer than a twitter update. I've been meaning to-I have had a few opportunites-but damn have I been busy. A few updates of what has kept me from sharing with my blogger friends.

Numero uno: I had to travel to Tennessee for two weeks for work. While exciting to go somewhere new (not that I haven't been to the state-just not that far east), it did suck the ever-loving life out of me. Grand total time of two trips in two weeks: 26 hours and almost 1900 miles. ugh. Future blog-my experience in the hotel (not what you think!)

Numero dos: I recently started back at school. Not the type where you have to attend and sit in a class with some of the strangest people you could meet in person; the online type. However, being that this might just be the hardest class I have ever taken, it has required me to fore go doing anything I'd prefer to do. Too bad it lasts until January.

Numero tres: I recently broke it off with my girlfriend of five months. Now you might think "gee Derek now you have more time to blog." While this may be true, that was part of the reason I couldn't blog. Goodbye domestication, hello blogging freedom! While she was a superb woman and had great kids, it just wasn't quite what I was looking for (One of these days I'm going to have to quit being so damn picky. Thank god I like cats)

Numero quattro: My friend Zach stayed for about a week who I haven't seen for almost a year. Yup-no way to blog if you're drunk, killing stuff on a PS3, and ignoring number 2 and number 3. Ooooops!


I'm trying-I'm really trying to make time for real life friends and still pop online and spew my true feelings out (aw how sentimental), but damn life is hard to juggle. Forgive me blogger friends! Note to self: Put blogging on calendar.....

8 comments:

LazyKing said...

having a friend over is the greatest excuse!
And stop being picky
"Love can come and pass you by, while you're busy making plans".

KT said...

Yay, time for real life friends, yaaaaaaaay!

Katie said...

2 more days without anything from you and I was going to say that you are dead to me.

Sorry about the breakup - even if they are for the best, they're usually a bit hard.

Nice guys finish last...or something like that said...

LK-yes it is
KT-yes I will :-)
Katie-yes they are! (I will not stray too long again!;-))

cybeel said...

Heyyy Nice Guy sowww nice to see you're back! i'm glad you had good time away from Blogosphere

*i always find traveling very exiting. Do have any pics of the places you've been to?

**Good luck with your homeworks :P

***Que sera sera what will be will be

****You say PS3? No explanation necessary ;)

Take care...

But you can call me Miss... said...

I missed you.

Nice guys finish last...or something like that said...

Cy-unfortunately I have none from the last trip-imagine hills, mountains, trees, and rivers and that pretty much sums it up! Good to hear from you :-)

BYCCMM: you should blog again....

Saadi said...

Hahahahaha....your blog is fun fuN fUN FUN FUNNNNN!!! :D